Application uninstallation and installation
Following is the requirement from client site for the Proxy application deployement as they recently moved onto cloud.
1. Unintsall existing application from client machine using some authentitcation credentials provided by application owner
2. Restart of machine
3. Fresh installation of new Applicatioon.
Kindly suggest the deployement method i should use-
Answers ( 6 )
Please use SCCM Task Sequence deployment approach to complete the Client requirement.
Because in middle your requirement is to reboot the PC then installation required.
Whenever a reboot is required for uninstall to complete the below registry value is changed.
Get a script which you find on Google to change this registry key.
1. Check below registry key, machine on which you are testing should not be pending restart.
2. Uninstall the application.
3. Do not reboot the machine.
4. Again check registry key and you will find registry key value has changed now as it is pending restart.
5. Change below registry key value
6. Install the application.
Test it manually once on a machine.
Recently team has migrated to cloud and upgraded as well.
What is the application?
Actually during unintsalltion it requires some credentials to complete this task.
Instead i am planning to use some powershell script to do so but the restart is still required in this scenerio.
So it will not be possible to put it up in superseednece rule.
What shall i prefer package deployement,appliaction or task sequence
Sounds like you already have the plan.
I personally would leave the existing applications on the systems unless they will not function without a proxy configuration. Instead of uninstalling, create a new updated app and use the supersedence method to upgrade them or change them to the new format required.