DSA-2021-088: Dell Client Platform Security Update for an Insufficient Access Control Vulnerability in the Dell dbutil Driver
I need a help to remove the DBUtill.sys file from all affected machines. i have tried following steps but still not able to delete the file.
- I have tried to delete the DBUtill.sys file manually but it is saying “another process is using that file.
- 2. we have followed utility provided by the Dell which did not worked.
- we have tried to use the Proc to see which file it is suing bit still not able to find it.
- We have used VB scripts, PowerShell to find tout which process it is using but no luck.
- Tried to change the Ownership of the file but still not able to delete.
- updated the BIOS and restarted the system but still not able to delete the DButill.sys file.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
DSA-2021-088: Dell Client Platform Security Update for an Insufficient Access Control Vulnerability in the Dell dbutil Driver | Dell India
Answers ( 3 )
solution provided in the article to install latest version of dell notification service solved our issue
I have used below link and it has worked fine for me.
Also target the remediation baseline to machines which gets detected with this file.You can also run the script feature on online machine it you want fast results.
Hello Sudarshan, What’s the issue you were encountering while applying the added steps in the reference link?
I haven’t tried yet, Adding more details about what you followed and the result will help us to provide the insights and check further!
As I can Offical sites has already updated with many solutions