GPO Vs Default Client Settings SCCM/SCEP
I recently started working on SCCM . I have a lot of confusion regarding the Group Policy Settings when we are using SCCM for Windows Update/Patch Deployment/EndPoint Definitions update.
Need clarity regarding below points..
- Do we actually need GPO here.
- Will Default Client Settings are sufficient.
- I read in some blogs about different GPO for Workstations & Servers within the SCCM environment.
- Do we configure GPO to control additional Windows Update Settings…like Disable Windows Update Notification , Disable All Update settings.
- How do i make the Best use of Maintenance Windows.
- Need some Best Practices on this….I understand it varies from Org. to Org… But collectively what should be the BEST PRACTICES for these settings in SCCM Environment.
If anybody can share the(just) settings followed in their organisation(may be) or within their Test Environment.