SCCM Software Update deployment
Just noticed many of the users are raised the complaint last few months software updates are not received.
We have deployed the software updates regularly to particular collections, 99.% showing sccm deployment green colour Compliant.
But actually when double click and see the software update KB supposed to show. But it’s showing empty almost 50+ machines.
Please advise why its showing Compliant in the deployment?? And why its actually empty??? Thank you
Answers ( 2 )
Thanks for sharing the solution
I have seen this issue because of Missing SSU. Have you made sure the SSU is updated on those devices?
Another thing that might help you are given below.
End to end patching process is explained below – https://www.anoopcnair.com/sccm-software-update-patch-deployment/
YouTube Video – Initial Setup and Configs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85I87FP3-8&list=PL67vGzo-INWMBo3KlARUHIU2kPyRc1gw1&index=10
1. Locationservices.log – Check whether it’s able to find WSUS Path= and Distribution Point with patches
2. WUAHandler.log to check whether the scan is completed or not
3. Updatedeployment.log – Check for the deadline of the assignment and Software Updates client configuration policy, DetectJob completion received for assignment, Added update (Site_, PercentComplete, etc…
4. Execmgr.log – Execution is complete for program Software Updates Program
5. RebootCoordinator.log – Reboot related things
The flows which you need to check things from client side
1. UpdateStore.log to know the status of the updates?
2. Updatedeployment.log – % of Download completed? Status = ciStateInstalling, PercentComplete = 16,
a. added to the targeted list of deployment
b. Progress: Status = ciStateDownloading, PercentComplete = 0, Result = 0x0
c. Progress: Status = ciStateWaitInstall, PercentComplete = 0, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
d. Progress: Status = ciStateInstalling, PercentComplete = 89, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
e. Progress: Status = ciStateInstalling, PercentComplete = 100, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
f. Progress: Status = ciStatePendingSoftReboot, PercentComplete = 0, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
g. Progress: Status = ciStateInstallComplete, PercentComplete = 0, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
h. Job completion received.
3. CCMSDKProvider.log – Get client agent settings…Getting reboot setting whether to show dialog instead of notification