Security Patches for server 2012 r2

Question

Hello All,

Can you please tell if we we use the method to update security patches server as we do on desktops. I have done it for Windows 10 and 7… I have loads of Server 2012 R2 servers to which I have been told to update them with the latest security patches.

Also do we need a specific license for updates the security patches on these servers?

Thanks

Imran

solved 0
Imran Awan 3 months 5 Answers 69 views Beginner 0

Answers ( 5 )

1. Some people tend to create separate ADRs for Windows clients like Windows 10 vs servers such as Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019. However, this is not necessary and just adds more complexity. Just create one ADR, and add the proper criteria without targeting a specific OS. See my example below. Then, deploy this to your Desktop and Server Collections etc and they will apply accordingly based on the patches and the OS. Windows 10 patches will not install on servers and server patches will not install on Windows 10 systems. It’s smart enough of a process.

https://snipboard.io/mtrDGV.jpg

2. And you just sccm license no other specific license required

3. You can do it with SCCM if the sccm client is installed on those servers.
    You need to follow the exactly same process as of Windows 10 for servers as well from Sccm patch deployment perspective

But pls be more careful because it’s servers and more critical about restart and maintenance window etc

Best answer

Leave an answer

Sorry, you do not have a permission to answer to this question .