Software update in Software center
Some of the vm servers which created recently.
Application I made advertised and its showing in the software center
But at the same time April patch also made available but all the newly created vms not showing in the software center…
Do u have any suggestions 🤔. Thank you.
Answer ( 1 )
Of course, we have suggestions to look at the log files and troubleshoot from the server-side and client-side.
Server Side -> check whether all the other clients are getting it or not. New VMs are added to the collection where Software Updates are deployed
Client-Side -> If so, check whether the new VMs are getting the correct SUP or not. If not fix it. Also, check the policy agent log. Boundaries and site assignments are already taken care of?
End to end patching process is explained below – https://www.anoopcnair.com/sccm-software-update-patch-deployment/
YouTube Video – Initial Setup and Configs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85I87FP3-8&list=PL67vGzo-INWMBo3KlARUHIU2kPyRc1gw1&index=10
1. Locationservices.log – Check whether it’s able to find WSUS Path= and Distribution Point with patches
2. WUAHandler.log to check whether the scan is completed or not
3. Updatedeployment.log – Check for the deadline of the assignment and Software Updates client configuration policy, DetectJob completion received for assignment, Added update (Site_, PercentComplete, etc…
4. Execmgr.log – Execution is complete for program Software Updates Program
5. RebootCoordinator.log – Reboot related things
The flows which you need to check things from client side
1. UpdateStore.log to know the status of the updates?
2. Updatedeployment.log – % of Download completed? Status = ciStateInstalling, PercentComplete = 16,
a. added to the targeted list of deployment
b. Progress: Status = ciStateDownloading, PercentComplete = 0, Result = 0x0
c. Progress: Status = ciStateWaitInstall, PercentComplete = 0, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
d. Progress: Status = ciStateInstalling, PercentComplete = 89, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
e. Progress: Status = ciStateInstalling, PercentComplete = 100, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
f. Progress: Status = ciStatePendingSoftReboot, PercentComplete = 0, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
g. Progress: Status = ciStateInstallComplete, PercentComplete = 0, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
h. Job completion received.
3. CCMSDKProvider.log – Get client agent settings…Getting reboot setting whether to show dialog instead of notification