SQL Query Data Missing OperatingSystem0
I am back with a new issue. I am trying to create one report which will have the hostname and operating system information. Till here everything seems fine.
When i go to SQL and try to fetch
select operatingsystem0 from V_R_System where NETBIOS_Name0 like ‘HTMD_SERVER’
the output printed says NULL.
Went back to console to check if i am able to fetch it from console node. There also this value is not there.
I have totally 158 servers like this out of 4000 servers. The OS for these problematic servers which print value “NULL” is server 2016 and 2019.
I am on MECM 2111 with latest hotfix.
What i tried.
1. Checked inventory and it’s upto date. MP_HINV success for these servers no backlog queue.
2. WMI is consistence and healthy.
3. SCCM agent is fully healthy.
4. DCOM, Computer Browser Distribution Transaction coordinator all running.
5. Policy upto date. Scan successful. Hardware and Software Both the inventories are updating. Initiated Full inventory and successful. Removed HINV and file instance from WMI namespace rootccminvagt then retriggered the same. Updated successfully.
6. Removed the record from DB. Retriggered DDR, HINV, Policy and the client came back with all the details upto date.
7. Finally after trying all this i reinstalled the client and still same.
8. Thought of duplicate records but tried this
select Name0 from v_R_System where SMS_Unique_Identifier0 = ‘GUID:A18A0A22-B176-463A-9CE2-84215D2F5C53’
and it printed correct hostname
9. Thought about SID (Security identifier) and RID. Both unique.
10. Run full system discovery but still same.
This is what i have
In the console.
I was reading the post from Anoop Sir but not sure how much it’s relevant to me because mine are servers not workstations. And the post is about version not OS name. https://www.anoopcnair.com/windows-10-21h1-os-version-appears-wrong-sccm/