Synchronization failure alert for software update point Primary SCCM SUM
Last few days getting alert from Primary SCCM 2012 r2 SUP that Synchronization failure alert for software update point, While WSUS daily sync status is showing succeeded.
Further checked the component and it shows warning and noticed error : SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER 6703 WSUS Synchronization failed. Message: Thread was being aborted. Source: Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SoftwareUpdatesManagement.WsusSyncAction.WSyncAction.SyncWSUS.
Also in the wsyncmgr.log noticed error :Sync failed: Thread was being aborted. Source: Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SoftwareUpdatesManagement.WsusSyncAction.WSyncAction.SyncWSUS
There is no proxy configured and internet works fine tried to reboot the server but getting daily alter for the same.
Please suggest how to fix the alert for Software update synchronization failure.
Answers ( 5 )
This is update you that, SUP is hosted with local DB on primary site and today i didn’t noticed the alert. Will keep this moniter.
This is update you that, SUP is hosted with local DB on primary site and today i didn’t noticed the alert. Will keep this moniter
1. So, did this work before and now suddenly is not working?
2. Was there a firewall change recently?
3. What ports did you configure for WSUS? 80 and 443? Are those ports punched through the firewall?
4. Have you performed any WSUS maintenance tasks since it was setup?
5. Are you syncing with Microsoft or against an internal WSUS server?
6. When you launch the WSUS console, does it show connected like this screen capture?
Try these steps:
Check if WSUS pool is running.
Check and ensure that SQL service is running.
In IIS, increase the WSUSPool Private MemoryLimit to unlimited by setting it to 0.
In IIS, increase the Maximum queue length from 1000 to 25000.
Also do a Re-index of the SUSDB database:
Lastly, do the following:
1. Remove the SUP role from SCCM console
2. Uninstall WSUS from the server using Server Manager Roles and Features
3. Reboot the server
4. Reinstall WSUS from Server Manager. Make sure to follow the steps listed here:
5. Reboot the server
6. Add the SUP role in SCCM
7. For your first sync, deselect all the Classifications. Run a Software Update Sync. Check the logs.
8. After a successful first sync, go back into the SUP and select some Classifications and Product Categories
9. Run a Software Update Sync. Keep in mind that this will take quite a bit of time to complete.
10. Monitor the logs
11. Let us know the progress and status.
Hello – Do you have remote SUP and WSUS?
If you can check WSUSCtrl.log which Records details about the configuration, database connectivity, and health of the WSUS server for the site.
This will give the exact error
Are you having any connectivity issues with remote SUP or WSUS
There will be big long line and if you read that line careful. You might get more info about exact issue
Hello, You can check this – https://www.risual.com/2010/01/sccm-not-synchronizing-with-windows-updates/