Windows update failed to download but not all patches
I am facing issue with patch deployment. We have deployed 3 patches for Win10, one patches installed successfully but other 2 SSU and CU downloading failed at 13 %.
In Wuahandler.log it’s showing “0xca00a004” how we can start troubleshot, it’s seems like not related to configuration.
Answers ( 6 )
Just to check… how is the communication like is there a network latency and content availability ?
It’s seems like some issue with firewall rule but not yet identify. We have noticed that we are unable to download some server patches.
Yes SSU update failed to download @13% with the error code 0xca00a004.
I don’t understand why?
In error lookup didn’t find anything
* download failed 13%.
I don’t think anyone can help without checking the log files…
The flows which you need to check things from client side
1. Locationservices.log – Check whether it’s able to find WSUS Path= and Distribution Point with patches
2. WUAHandler.log to check whether scan is completed or not
3. Updatedeployment.log – Check for deadline of the assignment and Software Updates client configuration policy, DetectJob completion received for assignment, Added update (Site_, PercentComplete, etc…
4. Execmgr.log – Execution is complete for program Software Updates Program
5. RebootCoordinator.log – Reboot related things
6. Software Update Troubleshooting – https://sudheesh.azurewebsites.net/?p=34
Generally SSU updates install first on machines then only it will allow to install security updates.
From your screenshot sSU update failed.