PXE?WDS reinstallation issue
I hope all are being safe and healthy!!
I have been facing an issue with the reinstallation of WDS. Due to an ongoing issue i had to remove the PXE option from one of the site server which has the MP and DP role enabled on it.Below are the steps i have performed:
> Went to the properties of DP of a remote site server
- untick the enable PXE checkbox on the distribution point. Answer yes that you want to remove the Windows Deployment service.
- remove your boot images from your distribution point
- After 5 minutes. Delete %windir%temp
- check with server manager if you can add/remove roles on the server. If WDS is done uninstalling there is a pending boot.Reboot!!!
- check if the remoteinstall folder is located on your system. If it is delete it.
- Add the PXE point again by checking the box on the distribution point properties. Check the distrmgr.log and see if the remoteinstall folder reappers..
- Send the boot images to the distribution points again.
Upon doing the below options i checked the remote install folder and it doesn’t contain all the subfolder within it i checked the WDS service from services.msc and it is set to automatic and i tried to run it but got the error as i can not start it.
I am stuck at a point where i am not sure what i should do and how to get out of here?? Kindly assist.
Thanking in advance.