How to set the startup page for Microsoft Edge
Any idea how to set your startup page in Microsoft Edge. I have to set the Microsoft Edge startup page in a new image deploying through SCCM. I tried through the local group policy and registry, but it’s not working. any suggestion ??
Answers ( 6 )
A small question, Policies for legacy Edge and Chromium are the same? I’m looking for the legacy Edge startup page policy, not for the Chromium
I have a post scheduled for next week about the Edge Chromium Browser topic
Also explained in the below video
Are you using the Microsoft Edge or Microsoft Edge Chromium ?
– Microsoft Edge Chromium has extensive Group Policy settings available to achieve this task.
Have you tried below steps:
Open the Group Policy Management Console (gpmc.msc)
Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Edge.
Double-click Configure Start pages, set it to Enabled, and enter https://YourCustomUrl/HomePage
Hi, thanks for your reply.
1. Through registry:”HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Protected – It is a violation of Windows Policy to modify. See aka.ms/browserpolicy”
but it works only on the same machine. If I apply to the other machine, it doesn’t work.
also tried with below registries
none of the options are working.
2. As per the below article through the GPO (Local GPO). it’s not working.
Thanks for extensive details, You can go for latest admx templates and let us update.
+ For Reference check the TechNet Post https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/9aaebca7-ffb4-4eae-86d5-15f99a18fef0/how-to-set-internet-explorer-amp-edge-home-page-via-gpo?forum=winserverGP
Hello, How are you trying?
– For Microsoft Edge Startup Page Settings, it directly stated you can export them as a .reg file, and only merge the .reg file on the same PC. Merging the .reg file that was “exported from one PC will not work on any other PC”
– Have to check some updated templates or tweak.
Check some info here – https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/079604dd-4758-4b28-9782-542918e2d106/how-to-set-microsoft-edge-startup-pages-on-many-pcs-in-batches
Please always try to add more details, what you tried and not worked that help us to provide answer quicker.