Windows 10 RDP Freezes Intermittently
Want to know if anyone have faced the Windows 10 RDP connection freeze issue during lockdown period?
Users are logged into personal windows 10 laptop and connected to network on VPN, then from laptop they are remotely logging into workstations at office, they are using high end design application for rendering etc.
Steps check till now:
- Compared different machines of same model and some are facing issue and some are not, but there is no difference in terms of softwares, patches, hardware specs etc., graphics card etc.
- Checked if antivirus is causing issue , but CPU and memory are at low when issue occurs.
- Disconnecting and reconnecting same machine on RDP works.
- Same department users when at office,connected to network and RDP remote machine there is no issue at all.
Next action plan:
- There is one known issue highlighted at different forums that it can be due to mstsc client on windows 10 machine as something has changed in transmission protocol to use UDP packets , need to disable a registry key so that it falls to use TCP protocol.
- Try to see if user is getting same issue when using Remote control viewer of sccm by providing them access to test.
- Change the Display ‘ chose color depth of remote session’ to 16 or 32 bit in the RDP option.
- Try RDP client from Microsoft store and see if still issue is there.
Any other suggestion or any one faced same issue can highlight the point.