Windows update fails with Error 0x800f0900QuestionWindows update fails with Error 0x800f0900 solved 0 Windows 10 Lokesh V 2 years 2021-08-30T22:00:08+05:30 2021-08-30T22:00:08+05:30 3 Answers 77 views Beginner 0
Answers ( 3 )
Previous updated were installed successfully and when I check in WUA handler log file the error shows like – Installation job encountered some failures. Job Result = 0x80240022.
Do you need any other information required. Please let me know.
0x80240022 – Operation failed for all the updates.
The flows which you need to check things from client side
1. UpdateStore.log to know the status of the updates?
2. Updatedeployment.log – % of Download completed? Status = ciStateInstalling, PercentComplete = 16,
a. added to the targeted list of deployment
b. Progress: Status = ciStateDownloading, PercentComplete = 0, Result = 0x0
c. Progress: Status = ciStateWaitInstall, PercentComplete = 0, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
d. Progress: Status = ciStateInstalling, PercentComplete = 89, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
e. Progress: Status = ciStateInstalling, PercentComplete = 100, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
f. Progress: Status = ciStatePendingSoftReboot, PercentComplete = 0, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
g. Progress: Status = ciStateInstallComplete, PercentComplete = 0, DownloadSize = 0, Result = 0x0
h. Job completion received.
3. CCMSDKProvider.log – Get client agent settings…Getting reboot setting whether to show dialog instead of notification
1. Locationservices.log – Check whether it’s able to find WSUS Path= and Distribution Point with patches
2. WUAHandler.log to check whether scan is completed or not
3. Updatedeployment.log – Check for deadline of the assignment and Software Updates client configuration policy, DetectJob completion received for assignment, Added update (Site_, PercentComplete, etc…
4. Execmgr.log – Execution is complete for program Software Updates Program
5. RebootCoordinator.log – Reboot related things
Hello Lokesh, Could you please add the Windows Version you’re using! Are there any updates installed in your system previously, Adding screenshots would be much helpful?